Here are a few links to find other words I’ve recently written in places beyond Penguin Girl. Periodically I post about them here.
pen at work
First, my new project: pen at work. This project builds on the unexpected strength, resilience, and enjoyment of skills I discovered while assisting my mother this summer as she continued to heal, to grieve, and to begin her next chapter while continuing to work as much as possible on my own businesses. With this project I plan to teach and share the methodology I use to find order in that chaos known as life. There will be worksheets, tutorials, tools, and eventually workshops. Want personalized attention? Yes, I will continue to offer one-on-one consulting. I’m calling it pen at work: prioritize · evaluate · negotiate, a PEN is all you need. Its newsletter will appear on the last Tuesday of each month, please subscribe.
At PennyWise Consulting you’ll find practical technology solutions for your small business. I’ve recently written about:
- why learning cybersecurity is important
- an updated Autumn Checklist for your websites.
- Three quick tips to format your blog posts
- 3 questions to ask before choosing new technology
This newsletter paused during all the changes in my life. Next month I plan to return it to a schedule, sending it on the second Thursday of each month, please subscribe.
little acorn creations
At little acorn creations, focuses on designs and tips that solve your fiber challenges.Since I last posted here, I’ve published two new patterns! First up is VLSI, crocheted in Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock. It is designed as a transitional piece and I think would be great for this warm weather we’re still experiencing in the NYC area. The second pattern is a quick cowl, CLU in Oink Pigments Jewls. I’ve recently written blog posts about:
- My 3 step method to evaluating a new tool
- three reviews (as seen in Knitty): A Stash of Own’s Own edited by Clara Parkes, Knit Mitts: Your Hand-y Guide to Knitting Mittens & Gloves by Kate Atherly, and the Purl & Loop Bracelet Loom.
- Resources for spinning and mending.
- Guide for preparing for and recovering from a fiber festival event such as the New York Sheep and Wool.
This newsletter has also been patiently paused. I now plan to release it on the first Thursday of each month, please subscribe.