This was a whatif project. I’d seen it making the rounds of Ravelry, (as of today there are 1719 projects and it is in 3358 queues) but wasn’t sure if it was something I’d like to make or would wear. A few months ago I bought the single skein of Ultra Pima at an impulse price. I loved the colour and I love the place I bought it from so I’m not going to complain too strongly. The yarn needed to have the right project. It was only a single skein so I knew it was destined to become a neck accessory of some sort.
The AC in the office is always cranked up crazy high so it is essential for me to dress in layers for the commute and working in different parts of the office. I learned long ago that when working at certain spots the AC blows directly on the back of my neck. I don’t want to close the vents so I need to find alternate solutions. I still knit and wear cowls, but I like to be different every so often.
Over time I found I kept coming to this pattern. I printed it out and put it in a ziploc with the yarn to ponder their fate for a while. The other day it happened. I knew they were meant to be together.
It took a bit of maths to determine the number of leaves I wanted to knit and to maximize length and width.
I think it came out spectacularly. This project makes me really really happy. So much so that I cast on for grey scarf #4 (third of the year). I think grey shawls or scarves and I are meant to be together.