The other afternoon I was attempting to face down my to-do list and I knew that come dinner time I wanted something yummy, slightly different, and warm. Cleaning out the fridge was a bonus.
- some minced garlic, I used a super heaping teaspoon of the jarred stuff.
- a can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed a few times
- some black olives sliced
- some tomato, sliced. i used some grape tomatoes that were in the back of the fridge
- some quinoa, I didn’t measure, approximately ¼ cup
- bay leaf, I don’t know where my bottle of bay leaves are so I used a few broken pieces..
- vegetable stock
Turn crock pot on high. Dump first six ingredients in together. Add stock until near top but not quite.
Mostly ignore for the next 2.5 hours or until it’s done. Stir every so often if you are able.
I have a small crock pot. It’s 1.5 quart i think. I should measure it one of these days. If you want to make more or know that you have a much larger slow cooker, add more ingredients. I wanted to use more olives, but we were out.
You may wish to salt and pepper to taste. We do that at the table.