Continuing along with the favourites series, since I’m preposting this on Friday 24 August …
[note: we’re home. We got home mid-afternoon on Sunday. Laundry is done. Emails are downloaded, the total count is scary (not to mention the rss feeds). Pictures are being reorganized and sorted. The semester starts Tuesday (of which I have mixed feelings). Yamin Noraim (Days of Awe; High Holy Days; Rosh Hashannah & Yom Kippur etc) are around the corner… I’ll try to post coherently the next couple of weeks but please, don’t hold your breath.]
What are your favourite childhood books?
In alphabetical (by author) order, my top five are:
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card*
- Go Dog Go! by P. D. Eastman
- Anne of Green Gables series by Lucy Maud Montgomery
- Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder
* technically I read this in college, but I **WISH** I had read it earlier.