I’m loving Eve’s progress bars. :) Of course I have little to update, but I still love them.
Anyway, I don’t have photos to share even though some new yarn by way of LavenderSheep found me today. My camera is acting up really funky and I give up. This yarn deserves sunlight, sadly there is none at 11pm.
1) Mum’s swallowtail shawl. I started it as per Miriam’s Icarus instructions and then when I had 7 stitches on switched over to SwallowTail. As designed ? No. Much easier? yes. Will that part be slightly different? Oh yeah. Will I continue to monitor it when I do the first real pattern repeat? Yes. Am I amazed at how fast the first chart (all of 10 rows) went? Oh yeah.
2) Fetching for geeknoob. I cast on these last night before bed. She’s not really a fancy cable girl so I might just do the first cable at the wrist and then ribbed to the top. We’ll see. I have two weeks to finish this. *sigh*
3) Navy softwist shrug. did I mention this last week? This yarn has been languishing in my stash for a while. I need something for when I read in bed. This yarn might be a little fancy but it’s knitting up pretty well…. I see my improvement from when I attempting mum’s fetching with it. I only have 4 skeins and most patterns call for 5 so I’m playing it by ear. I’ll see how far I get on the first sleeve with one skein and then make a decision. That I’m petite definetly helps. I want the arms as long as I can. I might make the back lace to try to get more out of the yarn. ideally they’ll be wristlength but I highly doubt that will happen, with luck 3/4 length.
4) A little bit on the blue socks and my baby cables. If I’m on the subway I’m probably working on them.
5) Bought different needles for J&V’s afghan at the discount store. I’m going to go back to the sampler idea as the scope of the project was otherwise scaring the @#($& out of me. I have 8 months so if I can do 9 squares and seam between now and then I’ll be good. If I can do more, awesome! Anyone want a 40″ bryspun in US 13?
6) Picked up and batted fyberduck’s gift around. Need to really start it. Purim is really really soon.
7) More socks. Especially with the beautiful purchases from lavendersheep. What? You didn’t seen the small clause I added verbally to my knit from my stash? In all defense one is a gift and the other will most likely follow, but it will be hard not to keep both and squeeze them and hug them tight and call them george.
8) baby sweaters. I’m going to mail off the purchased gifts I have for the first lot and cast on something for .. oh .. i dunno.. size 2T ? ;) Wedding or Bar/Bat Mitzvah presents? *sigh*
9) I have decided instead of Icarus I will knit Miriam‘s Seraphim instead. I reserve the right to change my mind 30 more times between now and when I have the needles with which to cast on. ;) I love all her shawls but Icarus has waited for so long I need a change. Weird, I know.
Lastly, I picked up my copy of the spring IK today. Yay!
I’ll be even busier for the next two weeks. Probably won’t attempt any more spinning. Goal is to finish something each week. Even if it’s just one of a pair. Or a wash cloth. Something. Or considerable progress. That’s the plan anyway… A mentsh tracht un Got lacht. (hope that’s the yiddish and not german, my yiddish is worse than my hungarian.) *sigh*