just a bit of knitting …
Nibi was really good to me last night and snuggled (!!) with me for a short while. She knew I needed some pet-love. E’s been really good to me too. Actually, everyone has. I know of someone in Midwood who has some stray cats she’s looking to find good homes for. If you are interested and in the area please let me know.
I am attempting to only Knit from my Stash.
Knit From Your Stash 2007: Guidelines for Penny
1. The Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start 03 January 2007 ((I made one more stop to P&S on Tuesday and picked up 4 balls of Kitchen Cotton and 2 of Sox in Blue. They are earmarked for projects, but STILL! and since I didn’t buy ANY fiber while on vacation I think it’s ok to start a few days late. Not to mention mum had JUST told me about Cosette as I was about to walk into the shop. :()) and run through 30 September 2007 — a period of nine months.
2. I will not buy any yarn during that period, including Kitchen Cotton and Sock yarn (KC & SY) with the exception being that if I actually knit up all of KC & SY before 30 Sept I may replenish my supply.
2.a. If someone asks for a specific knitted gift that I really and truly do not have the yarn for, I may buy yarn to knit that gift.
2.b. If I am knitting something and run out of yarn, I may purchase enough to complete the project.
2.c. I get one “Get Out of Jail Free” card.
2.e. A trip to Webs (in person, not online) or to a festival does not count but yarn bought there must be bought for a specific project.
3. I am allowed to receive gifts of yarn.
4. Spinning fiber of any sort is exempt. However, I must spin up what I have first, with the exception being if by some strange twist (sorry) in the universe I inherit a wheel before September I am allowed to buy more at a reasonable price.
5. Needles are included in this with the exception of if I decide to attempt socks on circs. If a needle is specifically needed then it may be purchased; likewise if a circ breaks a replacement may be purchased.
6. If I actually decide on a sweater I wish to make myself, the necessary yarn may be purchased. I should really finish some UFO’s before I seriously start planning that.
Alright, on to other stuff.
Ok. Mum’s shawl? Haven’t touched.
Beret #2 ? Yesterday [photopress:beret3jan.jpg,thumb,alignright]I broke and bought 16″ Addi Circ’s at Purl and became much happier and knit much more on the way home. I’m currently almost done with the first decrease section. I have a ton more to do and will soon have to put the circ’s on the other beret and go back to dpn’s.
E’s sock? Gathering dust.
All other projects? Gathering dust. But!! I did [photopress:garterlac3jan.jpg,thumb,alignright]finish a dishrag. Woo Hoo!! Please ignore the too tight cast-on. I had just mastered the knit-caston when I had started this over the summer and when through the use it on everything phase. (After being one row left before bind-off I misplaced the needle and I was too darn cheap and lazy to buy another pair. *sigh* Some cleaning last week turned it up.). I hope the recipient will like it but needs to wait for me to finish a few other projects that go with it. This week I need to finish a baby bib and I’m doing well. :)
2 Replies to “just a bit of knitting …”
Good luck with your yarn diet. I am not so much of a yarn diet type of girl. I tend to periodically purge anything that I know I will never knit with or could easily be replaced if there was ever the need.
Heeey, we can form a support group! And, really, sometimes the only thing a knitter can stand to work on is a dishrag (I think it’s G-d’s way of gettting us to knit practical things as well)
Comments are closed.